Watson is an artificially intelligent system designed by IBM to process information in a more natural and human like manner. Watson continues to get smarter by tracking user feedback.
IBM is now offering developers the ability to use Watson via their cloud platform, BlueMix.
The current Watson services IBM are offering for public use are:
- Concept Expansion: Maps euphemisms or colloquial terms to more commonly understood phrases
- Concept Insights: Explore the concepts behind the input, identifying associations
- Language Identification: Identifies the language in which text is written
- Machine Translation: Globalise on the fly. Translate text from one language to another
- Message Resonance: Communicate with people with a style and words that suits them
- Question and Answer: Direct responses to users inquiries fuelled by primary document sources
- Relationship Extraction: Intelligently finds relationships between sentences components (nouns, verbs, subjects, objects, etc.)
- Speech To Text: This service provides highly accurate, low latency speech recognition capabilities.
- Tradeoff Analytics: Helps make better choices under multiple conflicting goals. Combines smart visualisation and recommendations for tradeoff exploration
- User Modeling: Improved understanding of people’s preferences to help engage users on their own terms
- Visual Recognition: Analyses the visual content of images and videos to understand their content without requiring a textual description
This is a big deal for businesses around the world because this access and these capabilities were previously only available to large corporations and researchers. This means anyone has access to the forefront of technology. Now developers can use these services to easily build applications that do very advanced things for minimal initial investment.
For example the Visual Recognition service could form the basis of a digital asset management system which could automatically tag and categorise uploaded images and videos. User feedback could be fed back into the system to progressively improve the quality of the tagging and categorisation.
The Message Resonance service could be used to help improve the effectiveness of EDM campaigns. You could input social media feeds of customers and then have it analyse a draft EDM to see if the word choice fits the audience.
By making it easy for developers to interface with Watson, they are providing the AI with a firehose of learning material. It is likely that the capability, accuracy, and raw power of this and similar services will grow ever more rapidly in the coming months and years.
The service is still in beta, and while the live demos are hit and miss, they provide a glimpse of what is possible.